Throughout her 20+ year career in indirect taxation and VAT, Karine has been driven by her passion for operations and a love of consulting. As the Founding Partner of VAT Solutions, she continues to support clients while running the consultancy and leading its growing team of tax professionals. Karine, a recognized speaker at events and conferences, takes pride in helping the next generation through targeted training sessions.
She started her career in 1998 and discovered her interest in indirect taxation at the GEFCO group in France. Seven years later Karine took a position Director at PWC Luxembourg, supporting international clients in indirect taxation and VAT matters. She later joined Kuehne + Nagel, the logistics company, before starting her own consultancy in 2011.
VAT Solutions was created as a “one-stop-shop” offering VAT support across the globe. With her extensive experience and network, Karine saw a gap in the Luxembourg market for advising companies, notably in the fast-growing supply chain and logistics sector. Over the past decade, she has built a strong network of partners across Luxembourg, the EU and beyond. Under Karine’s leadership, VAT Solutions has built a stellar reputation and enjoys strong customer acquisition through word-of-mouth. Her team is now composed of over 10 high-achieving VAT professionals
Karine holds a five-year Law degree from the University of Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne.
● Revue internationale du patrimoine (Legitech) – TVA en matière immobilière: principes et enjeux d’une juste répartition des services entre pays (March 2020)
● ACE Revue (Kluwer) – Entre Douane et TVA: point de friction? (June 2018)
● Collective work (Larcier) – “La Fraude à la TVA” – L’assujetti TVA raisonnable, ou le comportement en bon père de famille face au risque de fraude à la TVA (2017)
● 4th edition of the AMCHAM guide “Doing Business in Luxembourg” – Chapter 22: Tax Law overview: VAT and customs (2016)
● Collective work (Larcier) “Patrimoine et œuvres d’art” – Le Freeport Luxembourg (2016)
● ACE revue (Kluwer) – Le Port Franc au Grand-Duché de Luxembourg (June 2013)
French (Native) – English (Fluent) – German (Intermediate)
Karine is a strong believer in the importance of work-life balance, a concept she deliberately enshrined in the DNA of VAT Solutions. Outside of work she spends time with her family, including her teenage son. She also enjoys expressing her creative side through writing and sketching. A lover of the outdoors, Karine considers the Alps her second home.